Ford Employees in Guam are Strengthening Communities During Ford Global Caring Month
- Ford volunteers in Guam are among thousands making people’s lives better on six continents during Ford Global Caring Month in September.
- Ford employees in Guam participatedin Bus Stop clean ups and marine themed drawings on key bus stops in the village of Agat as part of the Micronesian Conservation Coalition’s Village Ripple Effect.
- Ford Motor Company Fund - the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company - contributed more than $675,000 to purchase tools and supplies for volunteer projects globally.
TAMUNING, GUAM, Sept. 28, 2019 – Thousands of Ford employees around the world participated in community service project sduring September to make people’s lives better as part of Ford Global Caring Month. As part of this global effort, Triple J Ford took part in volunteer service activities between September 14th through September 28th and presented a $15,000 check to the Micronesian Conservation Coalition on Saturday, September 28th.
The Micronesian Conservation Coalition (MCC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, founded in 2015, with a goal to conserve island habitats and species throughout Micronesia by reinforcing community connections to the true value of these ecosystems, while respecting and preserving unique cultures and their natural resources and a mission, “to respect and sustain the island resources and cultures of Micronesia.” Their desire is to cultivate a community that is aware and engaged in conservation efforts in Micronesia.
The funds donated will be used to launch the Village Ripple Effect - a campaign to Protect the Earth and Ocean in the underserved village of Agat. As part of the official launch of their partnership, a team of Triple J and MCC volunteers took part in Bus Stop clean ups and marine themed drawings on key bus stops in the village of Agat. The village of Agat is a coastal area, and has a diverse and at-risk community, with a large underwater dump in its bay and visual trash on its land. The purpose of this volunteer project is to support the overall goal to see a decline in litter and trash in the village of Agat by creating awareness and pride in protecting one village at a time.
Triple J’s “Customers First” commitment extends to thier community involvement. Hand in hand with their business expansion and success, they have for thirty-five years strived to improve lives and build better communities through their philanthropic contributions, financially and voluntarily with time and personal involvement, to various nonprofit causes as well as to individuals. This project is yet another way the company can give their time meaningfully to the community they serve.
“Triple J Enterprises, Inc. celebrated 35 years on September 14, 2019 - the theme of our corporate anniversary is "35 Years of Passion for Our People and Our Products", so we are excited for our entire group of companies to be involved in Ford's Global Month of Caring this year.” said Jay Jones, Senior Vice President of Triple J.
Ford Global Caring Month is the signature annual event of the Ford Volunteer Corps. Since its launch in 2005 by Executive Chairman Bill Ford, Ford Volunteer Corps members have contributed more than 1.5 million hours of community service in 50 countries, representing more than $40 million of in-kind community investments. During September, the Ford Volunteer Corps will tackle hundreds of projects in cities, towns and villages on six continents.Ford Fund is contributing more than $675,000 in grants to purchase tools and supplies for many of the global projects.
In addition to the volunteer activities in Guam, Ford Global Caring Month projects include:
- Australia – Paint and garden at senior home, update dining area at camp for homeless kids
- Brazil - Setup mothers workshop for vulnerable women to earn income as seamstresses
- China - Kids from low-income families make model cars, spend day with Ford volunteers
- Germany - Renovate homes for refugees
- India - Empower disadvantaged women with tailoring and garment design training
- Mexico - Rebuild dining room, maintain playground at home for children
- Romania - Redecorate playroom, add new beds at hospital pediatric oncology department
- South Africa - Renovate shelters and safe houses for abused women and children
- Spain –Prepare meals and provide sleeping bags for homeless individuals
- Vanuatu - Install water tanks at schools, churches and community center
“Ford volunteers areimproving access to clean water, feeding the hungry, building homes, renovating schools and providing opportunities to help make people’s lives better all over the world,”said Todd Nissen, director, Ford Volunteer Corps. “Each Ford volunteer is making a valued contribution to stronger communities and a better world.”
The Ford Volunteer Corps is a global network ofFord employees that is advancing theenergy and creative ideas of Ford employees to have a lasting impact in the communities Ford serves.
- The Bill Ford Better World Challenge annually awards up to $500,000 to support Ford volunteer projects focused on providing better access to clean water and improved sanitation, solutions to mobility challenges and meeting basic needs.
- Graduates of Ford’s Thirty Under 30 philanthropic leadership program are also putting their training to workguiding other Ford employees and developing transformational projects thatcompete for grants inthe Bill Ford Better World Challenge.
About Ford Motor Company Fund
As the philanthropic arm of Ford Motor Company, Ford Fund’s mission is to strengthen communities and help make people’s lives better. Working with dealers and nonprofit partners in 63 countries, Ford Fund provides access to opportunities and resources that help people reach their full potential. Since 1949, Ford Fund has invested more than $2 billion in programs that support education, promote safe driving, enrich community life and encourage employee volunteering. For more information, visit www.fordfund.orgor join us at @FordFund on Facebook and Twitter.
About Triple J Enterprises
Triple J Enterprises, Inc. has served the island communities for over three decades. The Triple J group of companies has several major operations, which include the Triple J Auto Group, which represents Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, Honda, Acura, Kia, and a used car dealership. Triple J Commercial Tire, which services passenger cars, light trucks, and a full range of commercial vehicles and equipment. Triple J Rentals, the licensee for Hertz Rent A Car on Guam, Saipan and Palau. Triple J Five Star Wholesale Foods, the distributor of high‐quality food items including Certified Angus Beef, Hawaii Water, and Tyson food products. And Triple J Restaurant Group, which owns and operates Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster in Guam.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan. The company designs, manufactures, markets and services a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs, electrified vehicles and Lincoln luxury vehicles, provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company and is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions. Ford employs approximately 196,000 people worldwide. For more information regarding Ford, its products and Ford Motor Credit Company, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.
VP of Marketing & Public Relations